What is cloud computing?
We can make a definition of cloud computing like “Computing as a service over the Internet” .It is the delivery of from applications to data centers over the Internet on a pay-for-use basis. I think this is the most simple definition of cloud computing.
There are three using types ;
- Software as a service (SaaS): Software as a service provides a cloud-based environment where applications can be run on distant computers “in the cloud”. All applications can be used without purchasing them via the Internet.
- Platform as a service (PaaS): Platform as a service provides a cloud-based environment where all cloud applications can be used without the cost and complexity of buying and managing the underlying hardware, software, provisioning and hosting.
- Infrastructure as a service (IaaS): Infrastructure as a service provides companies with computing resources including servers, networking, storage and data center space on a pay per use basis.
There are three type of cloud computing;
- Public cloud: Public clouds are owned and operated by companies that offer rapid access over a public network to affordable computing resources. With public cloud services, users don’t need to purchase hardware, software or supporting infrastructure, which is owned and managed by providers.
- Private cloud: A private cloud is infrastructure operated solely for a single organization. It is the organizations’ private cloud service.
- Hybrid cloud: IT is the mix of private cloud and public cloud services. It is used according to the requirements of the organizations.
In recent years cloud computing has been used in many environments by the organizations. It is being common in every part of the organizations. The Next Generation cloud computing is using with Big Data. I think Cloud and Big Data presents many big benefits to us for in our business. Big Data doesn’t need to be so hard for companies.Big can be faster and with less complexity with a cloud services approach
Cloud computing supplies an environment where developing and deploying Big Data applications can be faster and far less complex .The cloud services handle all of the complex Big Data technologies and processes, giving you a simple, developer-friendly interface. Cloud lets us focus on creating the applications that will drive value for our business .With Flexible, cost-effective cloud deployment we have the freedom to deploy Big Data applications anywhere. Therefore, we can use three cloud methods by working with Big Data;
- Cloud Streams: Streaming data and real-time analytics
- Cloud Queries: NoSQL database and ad hoc, query-based analytics
- Cloud Hadoop: Elastic Hadoop clusters and batch analytics
Using cloud and big data together gives us many advantages. Cloud provides many ways to get data into the system. Data collection can happen either in batch, from databases, or preferably as live, real-time feeds. We can say this is the first level of big data cloud. After data collection level, cloud streams performs real-time streaming analytics, as well as making sure that data is reliability delivered to Cloud. Then, processing data is sent to big data on the system. So, you can access data to power your big data applications easily. That’s why, we can say Big data cloud brings many advantages to the organizations.